Follow Rachel Barnard

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Author Thursdays: "The Street Smart Writer" by Jenna Glatzer and Daniel Steven

Author Thursdays: "The Street Smart Writer" by Jenna Glatzer and Daniel Steven

I am more than halfway through this book and I am rapt, reading through every tidbit of advice and laughing at all the personal stories the author describes. I would wholly recommend this book to any aspiring author with one caveat, it is now nine years old. That is an eternity for the evolving art of writing and publishing. There is a world of new information and new scams to be wary of. I would love to see an updated version or a sequel as it were. Here's a link to the book on Amazon if you're interested:

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Smart-Writer-Defense-Against/dp/0974934445

Or you can do what I did and check out a copy in your local library. My philosophy as a writer - and until I make the big bucks - is never to pay for any service intended to help my craft. I will pay to help other writers with their craft (i.e. purchasing and enjoying their self-published novel) but I will not fall prey to sharks and scams.

Jenna Glatzer even has her own blog, http://jennaglatzer.blogspot.com/

I'm definitely going to check out some of her other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment! A word a day keeps insanity away.